The very high temperatures produce in our organism both the loss of water and electrolytes, both fundamental for the correct functioning of our vital organs. That is why, during these days of intense heat, it is very important that we stay hydrated constantly, even if we do not feel thirsty. We know that sometimes drinking simply water is a bit boring, so in Jurado we thought to stop by and show our 5 favorite alternatives so that you enjoy drinking and keep well hydrated.
1. 1. Cold infusions: If you are one of those who enjoys a warm tea in winter, surely you also fancy a very cold one right now. The way of preparation is the same, bring the water to a boil and infuse. If you have enough time it is best to let the liquid temper and then put it in the refrigerator to cool for a few hours. But if you are a hurry, then simply take a few ice cubes from the freezer, put them in a tall glass and pour your infusion. on them. You can add a touch of flavor if you put them, for example, peppermint leaves, orange or lemon slices, cinnamon sticks or spices such as cardamom, anise or pepper.
2. Granulated Drinks: Another successful alternative is drinks with whipped or sherbet ice. At this time you can buy some already prepared in bars, cafes or ice cream parlors, but do not doubt that if you prepare your hail at home with your favorite ingredients will be much richer. You can prepare it with fresh fruit juices but we love to prepare a large jug of coffee with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest and then add the beaten ice. If you keep it cold enough in the refrigerator will not melt, the trick so that it does not cramp the move a little from time to time. Check it for yourself, it’s delicious.
3. Flavored water: If you do not want to buy those sold in supermarkets, which are usually made with chemical flavorings, you can prepare them at home easily, but it is important to let them macerate to achieve the appropriate flavor concentration. There are many different recipes for flavored water. Usually, if they are made from fruits, apple, orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit or cranberry are used the most and in the case of vegetables, cucumber, fennel or celery. We recommend that you try the lemon and add a few grains of coffee.
4. Milkshakes: Milk, or otherwise the vegetable drinks, supply a large amount of water to our body, since they contain approximately 90% of it. The cold coffee milkshake is a refreshing and creamy drink perfect for any time of the day. We like to prepare it with banana. It is as simple as putting a banana in the blender and pouring over the coffee and milk or vegetable drink well cold. All well beaten and serve it in a tall glass, sprinkle with a little cocoa powder and you will see how great it is.
5. Smoothies: Smoothie is a drink very like the smoothie but with a distinguishing feature, since the smoothie always has a frozen ingredient, either ice cream or frozen yogurt. As it could not be otherwise, our chosen smoothie has coffee as its main ingredient. To prepare, mix 1 cup of ice, 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of soluble coffee, 2 scoops of coffee ice cream and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a blender. Licqué everything well and serve it in glasses. Garnish with a pinch of ground coffee on top of each smoothie and enjoy.